- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Lawmaker distributes empowerment materials in Iseyin,Okaka
RESIDENTS of many towns and villages in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State, last weekend, rejoiced when Honourable Oyekola Olabiyi, a lawmaker representing Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Kajola/Iwajowa Federal Constituency, led other chieftain of his party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), to distribute dividends of democracy and empowerment materials to people of the area.
The first place of convergence for the lawmaker and chieftains of his party was the open field of the permanent site of the Orientation Camp of the Oyo State National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Iseyin.
Thousands of indigenes of Iseyin gathered as early as 9.00 a.m in the camp to be part of the event and when Honourable Kola Olabiyi, in the company of his long entourage, got to the venue of the event and saw the mammoth crowd, he was overwhelmed.
Part of the programme was a football match tagged: Honourable Oyekola Olabiyi Football Competition involving Ayinle Ogbon Football Club, Otu in Itesiwaju Local Government Council and Superstar Football Club, Okeho in Kajola Local Government Area of Oyo State.
Ayinle Ogbon Football Club won the match with a lone goal to win the trophy donated by the federal lawmaker. Cash gifts, football, jerseys, as well as other empowerment materials, were giving to all the clubs that participated in the competition and other people to assist them in their various vocational trades.
A federal lawmaker from Maiduguri, Borno State, Honourable Mamud Lawal Maina, assisted by party bigwigs, traditional chiefs, Baales, as well as traditional monarchs like the Onisia of Iwoye, Otu town, Oba Isiaka Olaluwoye I, the Olugunwa of Oke-Amu, Oba Kasali Omotosho (Fadeyi I), the Oniro of Otu, Oba Sunday Adepoju (the Ayilola II) and the transitional caretaker chairmen of Itesiwaju Local Government Council, Honourable Olarinre Adisa Adeniyi; Kajola Local Government Council, Dr Sunday Olugbemiro; Iseyin Local Government Area, Honourable Saheed Adejare Alaran; Iwajowa Local Government Area, Barrister Salami Tajudeen Olawale, were all present.
Honourable Oyekola Olabiyi, on leaving Iseyin, headed to his home town, Okaka, to distribute dividends of democracy to people of his area in appreciation of their supports and prayers for him in the last one year in the National Assembly.
However, the Okaka event was an epic one as it witnessed a large turn-out of people including many traditional rulers including; the Aseyin of Iseyin town, Oba AbdulGaniy Adelabu Ologunebi, represented by one of the traditional chiefs, the Onjo of Okeho town, Oba Rafiu Mustapha Osuolale (Adeitan II); and many Baales, chiefs, religious, community and youth leaders in Oke-Ogun.
Empowerment materials distributed for people of Okaka included; an 18-seater passenger bus, 42 weaving and sewing machines, 48 deep freezers, 84 spraying machines; 84 standing Ox fans; 42 barbing clippers; 85 vulcanizing machines, 50 generators, 80 motorcycles, as well as cash gifts.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- Nigeria lags behind in road network —Yasin
- 4,000 to benefit from SURE-P in Ondo
- NEMA begins campaign on disaster response
- Delta NURTW warns taxi operators against colour violation
- Osun bush meat sellers want international market
- Osun govt promises restoration of electricity in Moro
- MDGs: NGO calls for early childhood development
- NSCDC boss to deliver 2012 Gbagura Day Celebration lecture
- Youths hold key to national development
- PASAN canvasses financial independence for state assemblies