- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Imesi set to celebrate Imeside festival
Prominent sons and daughters of Imesi-Ile in Osun State have concluded arrangements to make this year’s inaugural “IMESIDE” Festival and Award/Honour a colourful and memorable one in the community.
The Coordinator, Imeside Diaspora Initiative (IDI), Prince Kola Bamigbade, who made this known on Tuesday while speaking on the preparations made so far on the programme, hinted that various activities had been lined up for the people of the community who distinguished themselves in their various endeavours and had worked assiduously to sustain the unity of the town.
Prince Bamigbade who recalled that at least five kingdoms, as a result of human dispersal viz Imesi-Ile have been established and have agreed to celebrate Imeside festival rotationally among themselves, beginning with Imesi-Ile (Osun State) this August, listed other kingdoms as Imesi-Ekiti, Okemesi-Ekiti (Ekiti State), Imasayi and Olu-Isa (Ogun State).
He further disclosed that the 2012 edition would be a two-day programme and that it was scheduled to hold from Friday, 17 August, with Jumat Prayer at Central Mosque would be held at 1:00 p.m., while a lecture titled “Imeside Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”, is slated for 2:00 p.m. and will be delivered by Prof (AMB) Akinjide Osuntokun, cultural parade holds between 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., while the day’s events will be rounded off with a night vigil (Praise and Prayers)Scheduled for 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
“The event of Saturday 18th August, 2012 will climax the various programmes for Imeside festival 2012. Imeside Diaspora Award and Honour will reverse the Yoruba adage that “Prophets are not honoured in their communities” as illustrious sons and daughters from the kingdoms would be honoured in the presence of prominent Yoruba.”
The coordinator, however, listed those expected to grace the occasion as Asiwaju of Yorubaland, General Adeyinka Adebayo (retd), as the Chairman of the occasion, while Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Olubuse II, the Alaafia of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, the Obokun of Ijesaland, Oba Adekunle Aromolaran, the Awujale of Ijebuland Oba Sikiru Adetona, as royal fathers of the day.
The host Royal Fathers are; Oba Enoch Ademola Akinyemi, the Owa-Ooye of Imesi-Ile, Oba Michael Adedeji Gbadebo, Owa-Ooye of Okemesi, Oba Adesola Gbadebo, the Owa-Ooye of Okemesi, Oba Adesola Gbadebo Oni, Oni Imasayi, Oba Rasheed Adesanya, Olu-Isa of Ijebu-Ode.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- Nigeria lags behind in road network —Yasin
- 4,000 to benefit from SURE-P in Ondo
- NEMA begins campaign on disaster response
- Delta NURTW warns taxi operators against colour violation
- Osun bush meat sellers want international market
- Osun govt promises restoration of electricity in Moro
- MDGs: NGO calls for early childhood development
- NSCDC boss to deliver 2012 Gbagura Day Celebration lecture
- Youths hold key to national development
- PASAN canvasses financial independence for state assemblies