- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Osun: Ilie community lauds govt’s effort in boundary resolution
RESIDENTS and indigenes of Ilie in Olorunda Local Government Area of Osun State have commended the present administration in the state led by Mr Rauf Aregbesola, for its effort in reclaiming the portion of the community land which was mistakenly counted for Surulere Local Government Area in Oyo State by the National Boundary Commission (NBC).
The people, who made the commendation in a release signed by the president of Ilie Progressive Union (IPU), Prince Bayo Aderibigbe, the people gave kudos to the chairman of the local government, Honourable Akeem Okunade and Alie of Ilie, Oba Kareem Olagunoye, for their incessant efforts to see that the wrong was righted.
The president of the union charged the state government not to relent in its move to see that the state got the portion of land back from its sister state in Oyo.
Prince Aderibigbe, who stated that the case was presently before the National Boundary Commission Tribunal, said that the judgment from the commission was favourable to the community, but appealed to the concerned authorities in the state to swing into action in seeing that the outcome of the tribunal was implemented.
He further stressed that the state portion of the land should be reclaimed by perfecting all necessary documents concerning it.
The president referred to efforts made by the Chamber of Chief Gboyega Awomolo (SAN) towards reclaiming the portion of land as excellent, pointing out it was his chamber that handled the case for the state.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- Nigeria lags behind in road network —Yasin
- 4,000 to benefit from SURE-P in Ondo
- NEMA begins campaign on disaster response
- Delta NURTW warns taxi operators against colour violation
- Osun bush meat sellers want international market
- Osun govt promises restoration of electricity in Moro
- MDGs: NGO calls for early childhood development
- NSCDC boss to deliver 2012 Gbagura Day Celebration lecture
- Youths hold key to national development
- PASAN canvasses financial independence for state assemblies