- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Olaiya who was a guest lecturer at the Walimot Nikah between Sister Nafisat Opeyemi Abdul-Rasaq and Barrister Qasim Hussain Odedeji, the Amir, Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN), Osogbo branch, Osun State, made this known while delivering his lecture entitled "Challenges of Marriage In our society.”
He maintained that it was the right of men and women to marry each other Islamically on this planet, stressing that it was legal and right in Islam for a man with necessary powers to marry more than one wife.
According to him, only men endowed by Allah with sexual, intelligent and financial power were allowed by Islam to marry more than one wife, urging the Muslim men with the enumerated powers to marry more than one wife.
He added that people misconceived the egalitarian in marriage in Islam with only capacity to finance the home,as way to scare them from marry more than one wife.
“One man, one wife is not applicable in Islam because it is choice from God that man should marry more than one wife.
“Today, God has destined that in our society, women would be more than men and prediction of Prophet Muhammed (SAW) that when it is end time, women would not want to wear cloth again in order to entice men to become their husband at all cost,”he said.
Olaiya who frowned at the Muslim men that engaged in uncontrollable and illegal sexual intercourse with women, urged Muslims to have fear of Allah in their sexual affairs.
The university don described the new couple as true Muslim and noted that Islam forbids mature man and woman not to marry in their life,praying for the couple to have successful marital life bless with God children.Share