- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Akinyemi claims Africa's Men's K1 spot at London 2012
NIGERIA's hope of picking more medals at the forthcoming 2012 London Olympic Games became brighter following the qualification of Jonathan Akinyemi for the Men's KI Canoeing event.
Akinyemi picked the Olympics ticket Sunday at the 2012 African Slalom Championship in Bethlehem, South Africa recording a major upset over Beijing 2008 bronze medalist Benjamin Boukpeti who settled for second position behind the Nigerian lad.
The United Kingdom based Akinyemi had in the past made frantic effort to reperesent the country at major championship but failed due to official bottleneck.
Chatting with the Tribunesports via mail,the African Slalom Men's KI Champion having expressed happiness over his victory and the subsequent qualification for the London Olympic Games said he will be in the best frame of mind for the games in order to make the country proud.
Also,an official of the Lagos State rowing and Yatching Association, Femi Abioye commended the athlete for the superlative feat, saying that he has absolute belief in the athlete having monitored him closely for a very long time.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting