- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Bayelsa hosts S/South U-18 Wrestling Tourney
THE National Sports Commission (NSC) South-South Zone One has concluded plans to organize Zonal U-18 Wrestling Competition for both boys and girls in Bayelsa State.
The youth wrestling actions slated for July 3rd – 6th, 2012 in the state is packaged by the NSC in collaboration with the Bayelsa State Sports Council and is to attract about fifty wrestlers from all the three states namely Edo, Delta and Bayelsa that made up of the zone.
In a chat with Tribunesports in Benin-City, the zonal coordinator, Yemi Usikaye stated that the events would feature freestyle for ladies while the boys category will comprises of the freestlye and Greco-Roman event during the competition expected to be declared open by the Minister for Petroleum, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke.
Usikaye noted further that they intended to organize the competition in order to discover new talents whom he believed with time would take over the affairs of the game from the aging wrestlers in the near future, adding that the zone is known for as the haven of wrestling development in the country.
Similarly, he remarked also that it will help in curbing youth restiveness in the zone adding that the era of criminalities that had characterized the zone will become things of the past through this competition as youths will be gainfully engaged in positive aspects and become better human beings in their chosen careers.
He hereby urged the States involved to take the advantage of this laudable program in launching their wrestlers into national reckoning as well redeeming the image of the zone being the cradle of the game that had produced the likes of Daniel Igali, Billy Jackson, Joe Ositi, Amos Imade among others who had represented the country at various international events.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting