- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Wigan rejects Chelsea's bid for Moses again
DAVE WHELAN has knocked back a third bid from Chelsea for Wigan star Victor Moses.
The Champions League winners started off with a £3.5million offer, which the Latics supremo dismissed as “rubbish”.
Since then the Blues have raised it twice with £5m believed to be the latest bid.
Whelan is hopeful the Nigeria ace, 21, may still agree to further his education under boss Roberto Martinez by penning a new deal.
He said, “They’ve made three bids and we’ve not accepted any.
“We’re still hoping that he signs an extended deal.
“They’ve all come in the last three weeks but they’ve not offered enough.
“I don’t know if they’ll bid again but if they do we always listen.
“And if it is what Roberto believes is what he is worth then we will take it from there.”
Whelan values Moses at £10m but said: “If the lad had any brains he’d stay under Roberto for another year or so.”Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting