- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Team Nigeria dazed by Okagbare flop
WHAT happened to blistering Blessing?’’. The athletics world were shocked and Team Nigeria officials astounded when one of it’s pride, Blessing Okagbare touted for a prime position in the Olympics 100 m women turned out to be the last of the pack.
The agony was unbearable as many bombarded Nigerians with questions on what happened to Blessing. They had reasons to ask questions. Blessing had raced home in her first heat at 10.93 secs to set tongues wagging. At the semi finals heat 3, she improved on her personal best chopping off a second to post 10.92 secs. Her other opponents stood in awe, thinking of what to do with her in the final. And when the final came, she left everybody wondering and asking questions by breasting the tape with a poor time of 11.01 secs that placed last on the 8th position.
‘’We’re yet to come to terms with what happened to her. She had cramps and could not move’’, AFN Scribe, Maria Wophill offered in disbelief.
Truly, too, Blessing could not offer words to Journalists at the Mixed zone where the world Press lined out with their recorders and cameras. ‘’Sorry, I can’t stand. I am cramping’’, Blessing said and zoomed off to get medical attention.
‘’Something must be wrong. That is not the Blessing we know. Poor girl’’, an American Journalist said as Nigerians mourn.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting