- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Lack of Olympics action won’t affect Falcons - Ikhana
COACH Kadiri Ikhana believes that Super Falcons absence from the ongoing London Olympics football event would not affect the team's outing later in the year during the African Women Championship billed for Equatorial Guinea in November.
According to the former Kano Pillars coach, followers of women football on the continent cannot afford to rule out the Falcons on account of their absence at the Olympics saying that they would see some of the best players on parade.
'' I know a lot of people believe that countries like South Africa and Cameroun who represented Africa in London will eventually have an edge over us during the African Women Championship later in the year, but for me I want to believe that much as we were not in London, our competitive edge as a team will not diminish when African women footballers converge in Equatorial Guinea later in the year,'' he noted.
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting