- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Ghana test for Flamengoes
NIGERIA’s under 17 female team the Flamengoes will be put through their tactical paces with test from their Ghananian counterpart in a two legged international friendly in Abuja, before jetting out for their last phase of preparation in Portugal.
Flamengoes, will be flying the continents flag in far away AZERBAJAIN, at the World Female U-17 Cup later in the year.
According to the director of technical department at the Glasshouse Dr Emmanuel Ikpeme, the coach Peter Dedevbor girls will play against Ghana in Abuja in a two legged friendly.
''This is to put the girls through quality opposition before they jet out to Portugal for the final phase of preparation before the world championship proper''.
After the friendly in Nigeria the team will embark on a final phase of preparation in Portugal. In the words of the head of technical department, the Glasshouse has tied up everything about the playing tour, and that it is after the playing tour the team will eventually hit Azerbajain for the mundial proper.
In a related development international friendly has also been secured for the Golden Eaglets who are camped in Calabar, ahead of their qualifiers against Niger Republic under 17.
Towards this, the Rwandese U-17 team will play the Eaglets in a friendly to prepare the team for the qualifier of the African Youth Championship.Share
Translate this site
Should the local government be a federating unit in the Nigerian nation?
- AFCON 2013: Zambia buys crowd against Eagles
- Eaglets ready for Bamako battle –Garba
- Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta vie for Balon D’Or
- National Sports Festival: Team Rivers maintains lead
- Sports Festival is for Okagbare, Osayomi - Amaju
- Boxing event, a sham - Okorodudu
- Edo skipper seeks win over Adamawa
- Drogba, Eto’o on World XI list
- Serena Williams wins player award
- NIPOGA 2013: Fed Poly Bida, votes N1.4bn for hosting