- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
This year, Etisalat and Lagos Photo will utilise multiple web-based platforms and social media such as Twitter, facebook and the Lagos Photo Festival’s website to reach a larger audience, making it easier for the public to follow and to be a part of the activities of the festival.
The theme of this year’s competition is, “The Essence of Attitude” and it focuses on giving the participants the opportunity to express their creativity.
Head, High Value, Sponsorship and Events, Etisalat Nigeria, Ebi Atawodi, stated that the Etisalat brand was all about expression of attitude and creativity, adding that this would be exemplified through the competition.
She said that as an innovative company, Etisalat would always remain at the forefront of creative initiatives that not only highlight the rich cultural heritage of Nigeria, but also its development.
According to the organisers, the mechanics of the competition would be online based as participants will post their image entries on Twitter using the name ‘@LagosPhotFest’ followed by the hash-tag ‘#etisalatphotocompetition’ which would constitute a valid entry. Photographs can be captured either with a digital camera or through a mobile phone. Only Entries sent on Twitter will be considered valid.
The judging panel for the competition will comprise of select members from the photography community as well as other creative individuals. Judges will choose the winning three photographs to be printed and featured at the Lagos photo festival grand opening ceremony.
The first prize winner of the competition will go home with N100,000 and a Galaxy Tab, while the second prize winner will go home with N75,000, a Blackberry phone and a modem and the third prize winner walks away with N50,000 and an Etisalat Gaga Smartphone.Share