- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
Victory club plans grand Usi Day 2011It is going to be a Carnival - Remi Agbetuyi
Usi–Ekiti, a vibrant town in Ido-Osi Local Government, Ekiti was the first to inaugurate the communual gathering known as Day celebration in Nigeria 31 years ago. The town is set to inject a beautiful dimension and innovation into the ceremony again.
Mr Remi Agbetuyi, the President, Usi Victory Club, which is saddled with the hosting of 2012 Usi Day Carnival, made this known during an informative visit to the Tribune Tourism Magazine recently.
Mr Agbetuyi, who led a delegation of Usi Victory Club members to the Tribune House Imalefalafia, Ibadan recently, said “the 31st Usi Day celebration is going to be a carnival which will shake Ekiti State. We are introducing carnival procession into the event. This is going to be the first of its kind in Ekiti.”
He remarked that,” Our visit to the Nigerian Tribune is to commend the Tribune Management and the entire staff especially the Editorial crew for the past support and encouragement given during the celebration of Usi day. We have seen in the Usi Palace record copious evidence of support and spotlight which the Tribune has given Usi day celebration. We are here to show our gratitude on behalf of every indigene of Usi-Ekiti.
Mr Agbetuyi revealed that this year’s celebration would come up on the first Saturday in the month of August “ It is always on the first Saturday of August which is on August 4, this year.
We are here to appreciate the Tribune management and to intimate that the next Usi Day 2012 knocks as we are going to roll out the programmes as soon as possible.”Share