- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
1st Oranyan festival holds September 8–15
The first ever Oranyan Festival of Arts, Culture and Tourism being initiated by the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, will be celebrated and hosted between 8–15 September 20012, in Oyo.
According to the Vice–Chairman of the 1st Oranyan Festival Committee, Bishop Ayo Ladigbolu, “The Alaafin-in-council and the entire Oyo Mesi have consecrated the 8th to 15th days of the month of September as the week which all children of Oranyan, the first Alaafin of Oyo, home and in the diaspora will commune together in a convivial atmosphere and ambience of love to meet-minds, celebrate their past glory, rejuvenate their cultural inheritance and essence, showcase their uniqueness of value venerate their fore fathers.”
Bishop Ladigbolu disclosed that the date, which is exactly three weeks after the muslim fasting period, would remain sacrosanct so as to enable easy planning for tourists and celebrants.
“The Alaafin has taken into consideration all the elemental factors and circumstances of other events and celebrations in fixing this date which is sacrosanct and identifiable as the week of Oranyan festival.”Share