- ‘ Cases of rape rise to 84% in Nigeria’
- Dana air crash update: 23 aircrash victims’ families yet to receive compensation
- Mimiko inaugurates new Mother & Child hospital today
- N4.56b pension scam: Female accused hospitalised,trial stalled
- Construction workers hail FG’s decision on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- Senate adjourns plenary for 1 week, dissolves to Appropriation committee.
- Blackout looms as Egbin power plant breaks down
- FMBN, NEXIM, BOA, IB lose N47bn in 6 months - CBN
- FirstBank wins Nigerian Bank of the Year award
- PDP tackles ACN over Tukur’s comments
- Electricity workers threaten strike over Wamakko
- ‘NDIC prosecuted 55 directors, staff of micro finance banks in 2011’
- Judgment in Oni’s appeal stalled, re-fixed for Jan 8
- Slain banker: Deceased had only 3 wounds -Accused’s father
- Appointments: S/West not marginalised —FCC
British Airways launches summer special promo
British Airways has announced special price discounts for Nigerian customers travelling to the United Kingdom and New York in its award-winning Club World and newly refurbished First Class cabins.
Fares to London start from $2160 in Club World and $6610 in First. Flights to New York are priced from $2960 in Club World and $6720 in first.
The specials, which are available from both Abuja and Lagos, went on sale on August 1 and lasts until 15 August for outbound travel before 1 September.
Country Manager, British Airways/Iberia, Nigeria, Mr. Kola Olayinka, urged customers to book soon as the fares are extremely competitive and likely to be snap up fast.
As part of its £5bn investment in new aircraft, technology and services, British Airways has invested £100 million in its new First Cabin.
The special fares are exclusive of all taxes, fees, charges and surcharges and subject to availability.
The discounted fares, he said, still come with all the benefits of flying with a full-service carrier.
“We have invested heavily in our in-flight entertainment (IFE) system, which now features hundreds of hours of popular movies and TV programmes, audio programming and interactive games, all available via touch screen and handheld controller.
The system also features unique interfaces for portable media devices, enabling passengers to watch their own movies and photos on the IFE screen,” he said.
In addition, he said, British Airways has invested £100 million in its new First and other cabins, and further enhanced its catering for customers onboard, with Tuck boxes for World Traveller, Club World meals for World Traveller Plus and Laurent- Perrier Grand Siècle in First.
Olayinka said the offer has once again underscored the fact that the customer is always at the heart British Airways business.
“The new fares are in line with our strong market focus of being pro-actively responsive to customers’ needs, and is another example of British Airways’ commitment to offering more value for money for its teeming Nigerian customers,” he said. He disclosed that this would be the fifth promo offer rolled out by the airline in Nigeria this year.Share