The Congress of the Nigeria Women League at the weekend congratulated the President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Alhaji Aminu Maigari on the glorious victory of the Super Eagles at the recently concluded 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa after 19 years. The congress said the effort is a sign of good leadership qualities of the president and his board members.
The congress unanimously approved the expenditure of the 2012 Super Six Tournament as presented by the Women Football League Board contained in the Congress Brochure.
* approved the relegation of two (2) clubs – Cerezo Queens and Nito Queens at the end of the 2011/2012Season.
* approved the establishment of three League Divisions, i.e. i. The Nigeria Women Premier Football League, ii. The Nigeria Women Professional Football League Groups A and B, and iii. The Nigeria Women Amateur Football League from the 2013/2014 Season.
* approved pending the final approval of the NFF Executive Committee, the establishment of an international clubs competition amongst West Africa and African Women Football Clubs just like is done for the men category through the CAF Champions League Confederation and WAFU Cup Competitions.
* approved the proposal on financial obligation/responsibility of the clubs as contained in the Brochure for the 2012 NWFL Congress.
* approved the conditions for registration applicable to old clubs as proposed by the League Board contained in the Congress Brochure.
* adopted the estimated budget proposals presented by the League Board for the 2012/2013 Season as contained in the Congress Brochure
* approved that the 2012/2013 Season commencement date is Saturday, 9th March, 2013
* passed a vote of implicit confidence on the Board of the Nigeria Women Football League headed by Chief Mrs. Dilichukwu Onyedinma.
* called on the Nigeria Corporate Bodies to support the Nigeria Women Football League by participating with the league as sponsors.