- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
This, according to the company represents 33 per cent share of Nigeria’s automobile market.
This disclosure was made by the Chairman, Toyota Nigeria Limited (TNL), Chief Michael Ade-Ojo, while delivering his keynote address on the occasion of the 8th Toyota Awards ceremony which held last Thursday at Eko Hotel, Lagos.
He said despite the tsunami which caused a lot of setback in car manufacturing and supply from its parent company in Japan, Ade-Ojo said Toyota was still able to record an outstanding success in car dealership in the country.
“I am glad to announce that despite the unfortunate incident coupled with the unprecedented harsh economic circumstances, our company recorded a respectable performance in all the key performance areas in 2011.
“In terms of numbers, we recorded a modest sale of about 19,000 units which represents 33 per cent share of the market.
“I like to assure you that we shall not rest on our laurels. We remain committed to the preservation of our leadership position by continually delivering superior quality services to our customers,” Ade-Ojo said.
The award ceremony which the company said was aimed at rewarding its customers’ loyalty saw the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) clinching the Customer of the Year Award with the latest Toyota Corolla (auto drive) prize.
FirstBank of Nigeria Plc and C&I Leasing company emerged first and second runners up and went home with the latest Toyota Yaris (manual) and Toyota Yaris (auto drive) respectively.
Access Bank Plc won the Evergreen Award as a consistent customer for five years running and was also presented with the latest Toyota Corolla prize attached with the award.
The Managing Director, Toyota Nigeria Limited (TNL), Mr C. K. Thamphy, while delivering his speech at the event commended Toyota customers and charged the awardees to maintain their loyalty to Toyota brands.
“We are indeed happy and grateful to you our customers and dealers for keeping faith with us through thick and thin.
“My message to you, our customers is to continue to enjoy the superior quality performance and take advantage of our world class facilities across the country for the maintenance of Toyota vehicles at any of our accredited dealer points.
“To our dealers, I urge you to continue to be good ambassadors of Toyota by delivering professional services to the customers,” Thamphy said.Share