- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
The new entrant into the automobile world has been described as a close-to-series preview meaning there will only be minimal changes when the production stage is reached.
The automaker said it will sit in the model line-up between the Fabia and the Octavia and has been designed for family use with ample space for driver, passengers and luggage.
Skoda is pursuing its model offensive, presenting its new compact saloon, the Skoda Rapid, just a few months after the introduction of the Skoda Citigo subcompact.
Analysts said the brand’s most recent addition is to play a central role in the company’s growth strategy.
Likewise, the so-called A segment is said to currently accounts for about 36 per cent of the world’s automobile market. Within this class, saloons have a share of around 42 per cent.
The Skoda Rapid impresses with lots of room, an expressive design, an excellent price-value ratio, a comprehensive safety offering and efficient engines. “This is a model which sets benchmarks in the compact saloon segment: The Skoda Rapid is roomy, elegant and at the same time an affordable car for the whole family, impressing with clever solutions, cutting-edge technology and high economy.
In short, it is a car permitting mobility in a comfortable, reasonably priced and environmentally-friendly package. The right car at the right time.
“The Rapid is a perfect complement of the model palette, sits between the Skoda Fabia and the Skoda Octavia, making it at home in the large-volume compact segment,” Skoda said.
Industry experts estimate the number of cars of this type sold worldwide will rise by about 50 per cent by the year 2020.Share