- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
Its choice of two or four-wheel drive and flexible Varioflex rear seating system with sizeable boot space and higher ride height makes the Yeti an ideal car for life in towns and cities.
At the mere push of the off-road button, Yeti turns into a highly capable off-road vehicle that is adept at climbing slippery slopes, descending steep hills and maintaining control on difficult terrain, using the very latest in 4x4 systems.
Beyond the razzmatazz, Yeti also wields the trappings of a 4x4 vehicle and the practicality and drive of a family hatchback.
Described as Skoda’s first shot at the SUV segment, Yeti comes equipped with new engines and new technical solutions, such as the off-road regime that adapts the settings of the electronic systems to rough terrain.
Yeti also has an electrically-controlled two-part panoramic sunroof with horizontal slats and movable hooks in the luggage space.
Mr. Snajay Rupani, Brand Manager, Skoda World, local marketers of Skoda Automobile said enthusiasts would also discover the radically improved characteristics that distinguish Yeti from contemporary SUVs.
The combination of unique design; safety, factory fitted security; functionality and comfort are rare features that are expected to make Yeti one of the favourites of the young-at-heart, Skoda World brand manager assures.
Couple with these is Yeti’s inviting interior designed to meet exacting standards with dramatically spacious, airy and flexible cabin.
Talking safety, Mr. Rupani said Skoda is a safety conscious automaker that takes safety very seriously. “This is why all the trims have driver and passenger airbags as well as front, side and curtain airbags as standard – thanks to the Volkswagen design philosophy, owners of the brand,” he noted.
“Yeti has achieved the highest rating of five stars in the independent Euro NCAP tests though the technically most important elements for active safety in the Yeti include bi-xenon headlights with rotary modules that better illuminate a bend revealing any dangers.”
What’s more, the compact dimensions of the new Škoda Yeti guarantees easy controllability and manoeuvrability in the city driving while the car’s uniquely robust SUV appearance is enhanced by wide mudguards and silver under-body protection strips.
Yeti, no doubt evokes an atmosphere of cordiality evidence in the higher position of the seats that provide an excellent view from the car as well as easier access.