- Water-tight security in Kano •7 churches, 8 shops razed - Police
- Terror suspect nabbed with N3m •As army uncovers bomb factory
- 2012, deadliest year for journalists - UN
- Court adjourns on missing N12.4bn oil windfall
- Why we cleared Molete under-bridge - Oyo govt
- Court jails courier over $286,400 cash
- Court rejects fridge repairer’s plea to keep Ibori’s bribe money
- Oyo to involve artisans in N.5bn schools rehabilitation contracts
- All set for LG poll today in Benue
- Mrs Braithwaite buried amid encomiums
- Forget presidency, Jonathan’s aide tells ex-military rulers
- FG sends delegation to Onaiyekan’s consecration, Suntai
IN its effort to sanitise football in the state, Ogun State Football Association has warned against springing up of illegal football academies.
Chairman of OGSFA; Alhaji Ganiu Majekodunmi, has stated in a press release made available to Saturday Tribunesports said categorically that all football academies must be fully registered with the association or face the wrath of the association.
Speaking further, Majekodunmi stated that the association must give approval for all football competitions in the state before they can be staged adding that this will bring sanity to the game and help in the development of football in the state.
The chairman, who pledged the resolve of the association to develop the round leather game in the state in order to complement the effort of the government in using sports to create wealth and empowering its youth disclosed that the marketing committee of the association has embarked on progressive sponsorship drive for all its activities as it solicit financial support from the government to help in organising some events.
Translate this site
- Player of the Year award: CAF drops Mikel •Player faces FA misconduct charge
- Jonathan wants Nations Cup title
- Guinness partners Eagles
- I have discovered Chelsea's problems –Benitez
- Man U aims to return to top spot
- AFCON: Babayaro expresses doubt on Eagles
- Mother of all derbies: Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Clubs plead for fairplay
- I fear no boo boys –Adebayor
- Ibra’s wonder strike divides opinions